Thursday, September 8, 2022

End of an Era

 I didn't do as well at the fair as usual but my friend got all first prizes.  I am so proud of her.  The entries, vendors and crowd were down this year but as it was the first fair after COVID, it wasn't unexpected.

Today my quilting friends and I were invited to one of our group's home for a visit.  It was a lovely day.  She lives on the lake so we took our hand projects to the lakeside deck and relaxed.  This lady is a wonderful hostess and served some finger foods to go with the lunches we brought.  Everything was topped with a couple bottles of non alcohol wine  which we drank in real glasses.  We even had gifts to take home.

When I left in the morning there had been an announcement of the Queen's health and it was worded in such a way that I realized her death was imminent.  It happened while I was out and each of us spent a bit of time reflecting on her reign and what the future might bring.  I feel very unsettled right now but am going to try not to think about the future with Charles as King.  Everything is just speculation at this point and, I believe  the Queen had faith in her son's ability to rule so we will need to give him a chance.




 This is one of my friends prize winning quilts.

By the way, if you are accessing this blog by Facebook, you can get it sent to your in box by clicking on the 'Follower' tab and fill in your information.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment