Thursday, September 22, 2022

Spa Day for Heidi

 Yesterday was spa day for Heidi.  A friend and I booked with a lady to come to the friend's house and do our dogs.  We hadn't used her before, but she had a lot of experience and we liked that she did house calls.  Heidi had a lot of matting on her legs and tummy as she hates being combed.  Actually, she is getting rather grumpy about everything these days except walks, car rides and treats.  I wasn't sure how she was going to behave and warned the groomer she might need to use a muzzle.

The other dog, Tucker, is a labradooble and is a big ,goofy, friendly dog that things everyone wants to play.  As Heidi was a small and elderly westiepoo, we had quite a contrast in customers for the groomer., Heather.

She was marvelous.  Heidi grumbled but Heather was patient with her and took the time to be gentle as possible.  It was nearly two and a half hours before she finished but our little one looked wonderful

Both my friend and I were very happy and will use this lady again.

I did get one nasty scare.  Heidi needed to go out, so I took her to the back yard.  I hadn't put on her leash as her collar had been removed and I knew she wouldn't run away.  She did her business and started wandering a bit.  I didn't notice the large circular hole right where she was until it was almost too late.  Heidi, with her reduced vision walked right into it and I grabbed her just in time. I need to be more alert.  She gets around our yard and home really well so I forget sometimes that she can't see properly.


Here is our little girl and her new look.

Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment