Thursday, September 29, 2022

Blessing Others

 I have just got back from taking Heidi-and myself on a rare morning walk.  The temperature is just above freezing but the sun is shining. The air is crisp but not cold.  The trees are taking on their autumn colours.  Just a beautiful day.  After I finish this, I am sewing as I was up early enough to get all the housework out of the way.  

While I am enjoying all that I have, I am also mindful of those who have lost everything in Canada's Maritimes and the eastern States.  I can't imagine what it must be like to be living your life one day and to have everything wiped out on the next.  Even those who didn't suffer any damage are impacted by power outages, blocked roads and no way to contact loved ones to see if they are alright.

We get nasty snowstorms which cause a lot of problems but not to the extent of a hurricane or tornado.  Personally, I prefer snow to other natural disasters.

I know, quilters being who they are, that already there are groups putting together blankets of love to comfort those who are suffering.  On behalf of all quilters, thank you for your generosity.  If anyone knows of a group or individual who is doing this, I would be glad to share that information with others.  It is too expensive for me to send goods, but I can contribute money to buy supplies.  Perhaps there are others who can do the same.

Bless you all,


No comments:

Post a Comment