Thursday, September 15, 2022

Death of a Matriarch

We have had a difficult few days. The passing of our Queen was very difficult as we ended and era that has been part of our lives for so many years. I was alive when the Queen's father was on the throne, although I don't remember him. In the early hours of Setember 11, my hubbies family had a personal 'end of an era' when my dear mother-in law passed away. As with the Queen, it was unexpected as she had been ill for some time but it was still a shock. I had known Joan for over fifty years, first as my neighbour and dear friend and then as my mother-in law. I have known her longer than I have known my husband. We shared many of the same characteristics. We were/are both fiesty and hate unfairness. Mom loved red as do I. She was also a wonderful seamstress and quilter. As sad as it is to know we won't see her again on this earth, we do have the faith that the day will come when we will all, once again, be together.

No comments:

Post a Comment