Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Changing Leaves

This is news that some of you would rather not hear:  our trees have been changing colour for a couple of weeks now.  This is early.  Usually we see the change in August so I am not sure if we are going to have an early winter or whether some of the trees are stressed from all the rain.

It doesn't matter to me if winter comes early although I don't feel I have really got into summer yet.  The rain has stopped a lot of the outdoor activities and even just sitting on the deck isn't an option.  Of course, it has been hard on our farmer friends who are trying to get the hay done so the animals will have feed for the winter.

Our vegetables are doing really well so we should have lots of tomatoes, pumpkin, beans, potatoes, beets and whatever else has been planted.

I took one of the completed quilts to its new owner on the weekend and she was really pleased with how it turned out.  I have the binding to do on another and it will be off to its home as well.

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment