Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Baby Chicks?

 We had a short but nasty thunderstorm here today.  With memories of last week's tornado still much in the area news, I kept a close eye on the sky.  Highly unlikely anything would happen here but weather does what it wants.

I had been working on a quilt so I turned off the sewing machine as well as the computer when the hydro started flickering.
  Although I have them plugged into surge protector's , I didn't see any need to take a chance. I played card games on my tablet until everything blew other and then went back to work.

It is a bit cooler today so I made a couple containers of apple crisp for hubby.  My recipe makes too much of the topping so I used extra fruit, put that in a small baking dish and used the surplus on it.  This is my husband's favourite dessert so I make it fairly often.  Heated and topped with vanilla ice cream makes for a decadent end for the meal.

We are picking up a new hen from a friend tomorrow.  It is showing signs of wanting to hatch eggs and they don't need any more chickens so we will take her.  Hopefully, she will continue brooding when we bring her home.  We have been trying to hatch our own chicks for some time now but none of our hens are cooperating.

Blessings,



No comments:

Post a Comment