Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Priorities

 While most of Canada was watching the hockey game last night, I was doing a search for sewing machine repair video's.  I think that I mentioned  I have a machine that belonged to a friend and it isn't picking up the right side thread when doing zigzag and other decorative stitches.  I thought first it was the bobbin and, though it had been installed incorrectly, it wasn't that.  Second thought was timing.  After looking at a video  (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmCaPhBKOwo),  it appears I was right.  

The link I just posted is part of a 5 part series on machine repair.  The host is easy to follow and speaks clearly.  I have often thought about taking a machine repair course as I like doing mechanics but, at $700.00, I decided I would stick with videos.  In retrospect, I really don't have time to take on another job.  Quilting for myself and others as well as my writing and looking after our home keep me busy enough.  My husband has accepted that I will always be doing something but I now try to make sure a good bit of that something includes being with him.  As I told a boss who wanted me to work overtime "I married my husband to be with him."  It is easy to forget that sometimes but, as I get older, I am aware that the time we have together won't last forever.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment