Thursday, June 10, 2021

Lots of Projects

 Congratulations, Karen, on finishing your daughter's birthday quilt.  I bet she is going to love it.  Would you like to share a photo?

I have had an eventful day.  I got up to find that there was a problem with our water.  We were getting dirt in the sink and the taps and toilets weren't working properly.  We thought at first the well might have gone dry which, although we haven't had much rain, didn't seem likely.  Hubby thought it had something to do with the pump and a hefty service call and repair bill later, he was proven right.  The pressure pump had gone.

A friend came over this afternoon with the first top that has made  wanted me to quilt.  I got her to help me load it onto the machine and we discussed the pattern she wanted.  It is a scrappy made of squares of flannel from all the pajamas she made for her children.  There was also one from a dear family member that died when he was three.  I just love memory quilts and suggested that adding the names of the children to the quilting  would add to the specialness.  She mentioned that some of the things they said would also be a good idea.  I am waiting for her to write that down and then I can get started.  In the meantime, I did some more work on my sister-in-law's quilt and received news that I am getting a number of tops from a friend so I can finish them and donate to a charity.  I don't think I will every be caught up but it is nice to be busy.

Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. I have the top on the batting. Looking forward to getting to the shops this week to buy backing fabric. Then it will be hand quilting "stitch in the ditch" seeing as I don't have access to a quilting machine.
    I live in fear of plumbing issues. With this extremely dry weather I worry about the well.

    ReplyDelete