Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Heidi's Vet Visit

 It has been so hot that breathing has been an effort.  Dear hubby installed the AC today so that makes things a lot more bearable.  We are still having salad's for supper so it isn't necessary to turn on the oven but I am really hoping things cool down a bit.

I took our little Heidi to the vet on Monday and found out that the dry spots on the side of her mouth is because she has a bad molar and has been rubbing her face.  I was rather surprised because , up to this point, they have always remarked on how healthy her teeth are especially given her age.  We are glad it isn't anything more serious.

It looks like things are opening up a bit here in Ontario so the Burk's Falls Art and Crafts Centre is making plans to open the end of this month.  Hopefully, we don't get any more serious outbreaks.

You may have heard about the hate crime in one of Ontario's cities where a young man deliberately ran into a visible minority family.  The 90 year old grandmother, parents and 15 year old girl was killed-murdered, really.  The only survivor is a nine year old.  I cannot fathom how you can be driving along a street, see a family waiting to cross the intersection and deliberately turn the steering wheel so you can run them over.  I cannot understand that kind of hate.

It has been too hot to do a lot of sewing but I have done bits and pieces.  There are only two more borders to be added to the top I am working on and I will be able to get it on the frame,

Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. I just finished the top of a quilt for my daughters birthday at the end of the month. HOT old work in a second floor room with no AC. So happy I get get shopping for backing fabric now. I was afraid she was going to get it for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete