Friday, November 8, 2019

Lest We Forget

Finally got my car to a garage to see if the fuel leak is under the special warranty.  The closest dealer wasn't returning my calls so I tried one in Huntsville and was told to bring it in.  If it was covered, they will do the work, if not, I will bring it home and my mechanic here will do it.  I was a bit concerned about driving it so far as I wasn't sure about the fumes or if the leak was bad enough that I would run out of fuel.  Fortunately there wasn't a problem with either.
While we were there, I did a bit of shopping.
This morning (before all the kerfuffle started) I did get a bit more quilting done.  My thread broke last night so I got ready to rethread and check to see if I had any lint built.  Couldn't find the thread.  Then I realized I had used up the spool.  Did a couple more rows and that was it for the day.  Hope to finish it tomorrow or the next day.
Next week is going to be a bit odd as we moved our Monday quilting to Tuesday because of Remembrance Day.  I have never missed a service since I have been an adult.  My father was in the last war as were two uncles on my mother's side.  One was killed and another suffered a breakdown.
I am sure we all have stories of family members or friends who served in some capacity or another during war time.  Even our Queen  was in the service as a young woman.
Lest we forget.  May it never happen.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment