Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Christmas Toques

This weeks feels a bit off kilter.  We normally have our quilt group but with it Remembrance Day, we moved to Tuesday.  The odd thing is that I keep thinking today is Wednesday.    In any case, we had a good day at quilting with me making the binding and sewing it to my last quilt.  The fabric arrived for my customer's quilt plus the extra panel I ordered and the matching material will work for both of them.
The service yesterday was really well attended especially given that it was quite cold.  Hubby and I always lay a wreath on behalf of our church and this year we had one of the young men from church assist.  We got him to carry and present the wreath at the cenotaph which he did in a very responsible and respectful manner.  We were proud of him. I am hoping he will continue to do this each year.  I think it is important to not only tell children about past events but to get them involved in related activities.
I need to start making a few items for our mitten tree at church as well as the Art Centre's craft sale.  I will do toques for both.  There was a nice pattern sent to me by a friend.  Here it is, if you would like to give them a try yourself.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLJxtxI_S3Q
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment