Friday, November 15, 2019

Dreaming of an Interuption Free Day.

I asked the ladies on a couple of on line groups a question today.  I wanted to know if they ever had a day in which they didn't have to do anything but quilt-no housework, answering phones, making meals, tending animals and/or children.  No having to make decisions that weren't fabric related, no dealing with appointments or finding something that really isn't lost.
I was thinking about this today as it was approaching noon and I still hadn't turned on my machine.  I am retired with a small home business that involves quilting so that should take up a good part of my day but it doesn't.  Some of my busyness is my own fault.  It takes me a long time to deal with my emails each day even after I have deleted most of them.  Most of the ones left need a response or action.  Only a small percentage are things like an on line newspaper or Bible verse.  I suppose I could deal with them at the end of the day but I don't think that would work.
When I asked the question, I expected everyone to have the same restraints but I was wrong.  One lady is married to a gem of a husband.  She works full time, he is retired.  On her days off, he makes all the meals including breakfast, brings her tea or a cold drink depending on the temperature and takes care of everything else.  Another lady goes to a number of conferences and related events and so is able to have her own time there.
All this caused me to think about how I could get even one day a week to myself.  My husband would probably like the same.  Perhaps we could each treat the other to a day off.  I will have to think about whether it would work.  I can't feed the chickens because of allergies and he won't be able to deal with some of the phone calls but other than that....
What about you?  Do you get to have a interruption free quilt day?  What did or do you do to get it?  I would love to know.
Blessings

1 comment:

  1. The things that are important to us, we always find time for. Perhaps thinking about why you are putting all these other things in front of your quilting would be a better approach. I know that when there is something I don't want to do, I'll find all sorts of things I "must" do so I can put it off. Once I figure out that I'm procrastinating, I'll either hand off that "job" to someone else or get it finished immediately so I can get it off my "to-do" list.

    ReplyDelete