Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Petit Point Quilt

I hope every one had a safe and fun Canada Day weekend.  Hubby and I didn't doing anything special.  One of the quilt ladies and I walked to the park just after lunch to hear an entertainer.  Lewis is a great musician and an equally great actor appearing in a number of Canadian made films.

It has been quite warm here so it is hard to get up the energy to anything other than sleep, however, I have done some work in the garden.  The weeds have been getting quite energetic so I pulled them,  trimmed back some shrubs and did a bit of deadheading.
I believe I mentioned a while back that there  was a particular quilt that attracted me at a quilt show.  It was a large, whole cloth flower done in the petit point style with one inch squares taking the place of stitches.  I have found a petit point pattern that I think I can use.  I don't want it to be very big and this one-if I do one inch squares, is 20" by 56".  That is longer than I want so
I may eliminate the  bud on the top which will bring it down to 40.  It will be a while before I can get at it but I think it will be fun as well as challenging.  I don't know what the black shape is on the right side but it will be eliminated.
I will keep you posted.  It you would like to give this idea a try feel free to use this design.
Thank you for your compliments on my sisters painting and my quilt.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment