Thursday, July 18, 2019

A Welcome Visitor and an Unwelcome One

This has been my day for writing.  I did my magazine article this morning, newspaper column in the afternoon and now, my blog.  I had intended to do some sewing but it is still just too hot.  I have a large fan right beside me but if it is turned up too high, everything goes flying.
We had another unwelcome visitor today and one that was very much welcome.
Our fox came back and scattered the chickens thither and yon.  Most of them have returned but a couple are still missing.  We hate to shut them in when it is so hot but we hate them to be on another animals luncheon menu as well.  We have an outdoor pen for them but it is neither secure nor big enough.  We have the materials to make a larger one so that will be a project for when it cools down a bit.
This morning, while hubby was sitting outside drinking his first cup of coffee, we had a scarlet tanager visit.  I haven't seen one in years.  We were reasonably sure we had heard their song from the trees surrounding the yard but without a sighting it was hard to be sure.
Image result for A Scarlet Tanager
This is a photo from the internet but aren't they beautiful.
The weather report is calling for rain tomorrow.  We really need it and I am hoping it brings a bit cooler temperatures with it.
blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment