Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Gigantic Oops!

I am back.  I didn't really go away but between the heat making it too uncomfortable to sit in the corner where the pc is and being extra busy, I just didn't have the energy to sit and write.
Just over a week ago, an older couple who are friends of ours and now living in the U.S. asked if we would clean out their storage container so they didn't have to continue paying rent.
They couldn't remember the address of the company but, as it was in a small community, I figured there wouldn't be more than one. We had the name and phone number of the company owner so off we went to check out what was in the container.  We were told we could take bolt cutters to remove the lock so we brought those and another lock which would keep things secure until we were finished.
We found the company easily and the correct container but we couldn't remove the lock.  The owner said to call him if we had a problem so that is what I did.  He asked where we were and I said at container number ? and he said, 'no you aren't.  I am looking right at it and you aren't there'.  Gigantic oops! we were at the wrong place.  My sister said that our guardian angel must have been pushing with all his might to keep those bolt cutters from working.
We have been cringing ever since with what could have happened had we got into the wrong container and started removing items.  The correct business, by the way, was about 10 kms further on from the village centre.
Quilting?  Not much for the same reason as above.  I have started the hand binding on a table topper but that is about it.
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. So glad you didn't get into a burglary situation!! You definitely were being watched over!

    ReplyDelete