Monday, July 15, 2019

Quilts and Heritage Days

We had a busy weekend although at the moment I am trying to remember what we did on Saturday.  The following day, hubby and I went to my brother and sister-in-laws for a barbecue and lovely visit.  It seems to be difficult finding time to visit family and friends.  There are so many activities.  One of those activities took place on Saturday (I had to ask my husband) when we went to our local museum's Heritage Day celebration.  They put on a great event every year and this one wasn't any exception.  Many of the area's organizations had  booths plus there were a number of displays including a contest between the local fire departments.  We really enjoyed it.
Next Saturday, we are going to a wild west show at the fairgrounds.  In the meantime, I am now making quilted cases for tablets etc.  I had the fabric cut out to sew at quilt group today but forgot the zipper and Velcro.  I will get some of the work done tonight.
A few weeks ago, I mentioned that I went to a quilt show.  I just got the photos transferred from my cell to computer so here are a few of my favourites.  The pictures were taken and shared with the permission of the show organizer and maker of the quilts.  I only focused on sections of the quilts to remind myself of a particular style or idea.  For example, although the applique looks as though it were done by hand it was actually done by machine.




Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment