Thursday, October 22, 2015

Playing in the Leaves.

I got the scarves delivered and the cheque goes into the bank tomorrow to pay for the two sweaters I ordered.  I decided to buy something for myself as a reward for getting the job done.  Usually everything goes back into my quilting but as this wasn't strictly a quilting job, I thought I deserved a little treat.
It has been another lovely fall day here in the back woods and I took Heidi for a nice long walk through the bush.  I like wandering amongst the trees, up and down the hill that slopes toward the pond.  It is especially nice when there is a carpet of leaves to kick toward the dog and watch her try to catch them before they hit the ground.  I will be raking up the leaves around the house shortly and packing them around by rose bushes and other plants that need extra protection through the winter.
Whenever I do this, I remember that when we lived in Edmonton I used to walk along the back alley picking up bagged leaves that the neighbours put out.  The only trees we had that dropped their leaves was an apple and a plum.  All the rest were evergreens.  Certainly not the case now.  We have 10 acres of falling compost.
I made hubby an apple pie for dessert tonight as he has been so good about taking over extra house duties while I sewed.
Life is good.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment