Tuesday, October 13, 2015

I'm a Winner

I've had a busy day here in the backwoods.  I made a large batch of pickled beets, cooked pumpkin and made a curried soup and finished all the blocks for a quilt top.  I had a bit of a problem with the last block as I was short of a piece of fabric 1 inch by 7.  Isn't that the most frustrating situation?  I found some fabric that was pretty close and used it as a substitute.  It won't be noticeable because it is so narrow. 
I am now doing the horizontal sashing strips so should be able to get it all done this week and ready for quilting.
I haven't been feeling well for a few days.  My allergies were making me dizzy and nauseous so I had to spend a lot of time laying down.  I cut back on my medication today and that has helped.  Rather opposite of what you would think would happen but I am sensitive to most medications.  If I take a whole Dristan tablet, I go to sleep.
It has been raining pretty steady since the morning and a lot of our leaves have come down.  Yesterday was so lovely that even though I wasn't feeling well, I had a hard time staying in doors.  Hubby and I went for a short and slow walk through the bush in the afternoon.  It has been a disappointing autumn, colour wise.  I haven't taking any photos.
It is getting darker much earlier now and it will soon be time to put the clocks back to standard time  Then we can snuggle in out personal dens and stay comfortable and warm.
I got a nice surprise on the weekend when I discovered that I had won an award for having the most points in the needlework category at our fair.  First time that has happened.
Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment