Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Shoe Boxes for Christmas

 
Heidi is, as you can see, getting ready to celebrate Christmas.  She told us this morning that she had been saving her allowance and is ready to be taken shopping.  I am not sure what we will be able to buy with three small dog biscuits, but perhaps we can find a sale somewhere.
 
It is, once again, looking seasonal here in the backwoods.  We had a bit of snow fall yesterday along with some strong winds.  If you live in the central part of Ontario, you probably experienced both the wind and the power outage that went with it. 
I left the house early yesterday morning and fought the wind and heavy rain for two hours until I reached my first stop.  I called home to let my husband know I had arrived and he told me the hydro had gone out.  It didn't come back on until around eight in the evening.  I got home just before four, had supper, and then just sat until I decided to go to bed around seven.  I was really tired from driving in those conditions.
Today, my husband and I went over to our church and helped back the shoe boxes that will be sent to children in other countries who have so little.  The church purchases plastic shoe box size containers and these are just as valuable to the recipients as the contents.  The boxes are used to hold water and many other items. Pencils and small notepads are another valued item as, in some countries, children cannot go to school unless they have supplies.  All this emphasizes, once again, how fortunate we are in this country.
I am going to be finishing my small quilt with the dog blocks today.  I quilted in one direction and have turned it to do the other.  I am doing free hand bones and they are turning out well.,
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment