Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Babies and Grape jelly



Our back woods haven hasn't yet taken on the beauty shown in this photo which I took last year but it is laying the basis.  It was difficult getting into the village yesterday for the Remembrance Day service as road was covered in about four inches of slushy snow.  I might have turned back but I had the wreath which the pastor of our church was going to place at the Cenotaph and, as he had driven from another community to get there, didn't want to cause him concern.  I did make it but with only a few moments to spare.
Afterwards, I went to the home of one of the quilt members.  We normally meet at the local Legion but as it was being used we decided to gather at a home.  Jen lives about 20 minutes from the village and along another country road but everyone made it. 
This morning I made some grape jelly and now have two big containers full of cut up pumpkin which, once cooked will be mashed and frozen.  I think I can now do some quilting until it is time to take the dog for a walk and then get supper.
My sister in law phoned today to see if we were going to their place for Christmas.  I laughed because  we hadn't even thought about the big day yet.  I will be starting decorating soon, have some gifts ready and have located the cards I bought last year but that is as far as I have got.  Of course, that is further on than I have since retiring and getting lackadaisical.
We are going to have a new grand nephew soon.  He is in his last few days before making an entrance so we expect to be getting the news any time.  I have a quilt already to welcome his arrival.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment