Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Whew! That's Done

I have finished my baking.  Took two days but it is done.  I am not sure why I do all this when there is just my husband and I and neither of us should be eating these goodies.  Still, it is part of the Christmas celebration, isn't it.  And, of course, it can all go into the freezer to be used over the next few months.
I would like to pass on some information to those who like to make crib quilts.  Apparently, they are not recommended for babies as they could get them wrapped around their face.  Crocheted or knitted covers are better as the baby can still breath.
I think that for any ones I make in the future, I will tell the Mom to just use it on the floor for the baby to lay on.  Tucking it around the car seat or carriage would also work as the babies movements are restricted.
There seems to be so many more safety things to be aware of now.  When I think of how I grew up-bikes with no brakes, no helmets, no safety plugs on electrical outlets etc., I wonder how we all made it to adulthood.  Of course, many didn't and that is the point.
Children are so precious and, as quilters, we need to keep informed on what we can do to protect them.
We recently had a near tragedy when our grandchildren got into some medication and had to be hospitalized. They are just wee tots so it was quite a scare.  They are out of hospital now and I pray there are no long term effects.  It is hard not to point fingers and lay blame at a time like this but it wouldn't achieve anything.  It is especially difficult when they live so far away but, I guess, near or far, it doesn't stop things from happening.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment