Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Photos and Quilts.

Evening Glory
I took this photo yesterday just as I was getting ready to leave for a meeting.  I happened to look over to the west and saw the sun, surrounded by a halo of pink just tucking behind the trees.  I took a few photos and then, almost late for my meeting drove off.
I have had a few entries for my latest contest already.  This is an easy one to enter; just go to my web page, take a look at the quilt photo and send me a name suggestion.  If your name is chosen, you get the pattern.
We had quite a thunderstorm last night and I thought we might lose our hydro but it stayed with us.  I want to start quilting a project that I receintly finished so I can include the photo when I do the rest of the articles for my new writing job. Now that I have my new carriage (part that the machine sits on) I have more control when working on my frame so I am looking forward to getting all my tops quilted.
If you are interested in entering another quilt contest, check out, www.quiltpatternmagazine.com.  They are currently running a kitty cat contest.  You will also find links on that site for a place you can buy and sell quilts as well as take a course.
The Bobcaygeon Quilt Show that I went to on Saturday was fun.  I met a number of friends as well as an on line lady.  Nice to see her 'in the flesh'.  I managed to not buy anything but a pattern and the applique light I had ordered.  The quilts were, of course, beautiful.  There were a couple  of older ones; one from the 1800's and the other from the early 1900's.  I always enjoy seeing our quilted past.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment