Friday, June 24, 2016

Musical Doll

Hubby and I went to an estate sale this morning.  I always prefer them to auction or garage sales as I don't have to bid on anything as with the former and better selection than the latter.  I had a list of things that I wanted to buy if they had them and hubby had the same.  Photos of the items had been on Facebook for a few days as it was a very large sale so we were somewhat familiar with what was available. 
I noticed a few vintage machines but when I saw them they were all electric and I was looking for a hand crank.  I did get 3 lovely collectable dolls and some stands for them.  I intended to get just one for my granddaughter but they were so nice that I got the ones I liked best.  I found a few smaller items and that was it.  Hubby got some fencing which was more practical than my purchases but not as pretty.
The sale goes on for three days and the last one will have really good prices but it isn't cheap if you don't really need it.
The rest of the day has been spent doing this and that.  I finished the blocks for a top and got it laid out.  Now I just have to sew them together and add a border.  You can see what I have done in the photo below.  I will have to remember to take pictures of the dolls to show you.  One of them has a key in the back and, when wound, it plays music which I found rather odd.
Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment