Thursday, November 14, 2013

Uh Oh!

I've mentioned previously that when I bake, I do a lot of it at once.  For example, I will start the bread and while I wait for the two rising stages, I make cookie dough.  Once the bread is in the pan, the cookies are baked.  Cookies as in more than one kind.
This morning I was doing one of my favourite and most frequent made cookies.  The recipe calls for 2 cups of raisins to be boiled for 5 minutes in a cup of water.  I put that on while having breakfast.
The mixture cooled while I was doing bread and the other cookies.  As I was adding the flour and other ingredients to the raisin cookies, I thought the dough looked a bit runny.  Uh Oh.  I reversed the directions and did 1 cup of raisins in 2 cups of water.
I put the batter in the fridge for a while so it would cool and set a bit before cooking.  They didn't turn out to bad.  A bit softer than usual but still tasty.

I probably shouldn't try to multi task when baking but it is likely too late to change habits now.  I tend to always be doing two or three things at the same time no matter what it is.  I am not good at waiting while something does whatever it is supposed to do.
Everything is done except for dishes and I am tired so will do some writing before finishing up.  I need to get my next magazine article written.  I was mentally doing that while cooking so it shouldn't take long.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment