Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Quilting Tips

Do you have a favourite quilting tip?  I was browsing the internet recently and came up with a site that passes on hints from around the world.  I checked out the ones on applique and came up with a couple that I like.  When taking your applique with you,  wind your needed thread onto a bobbin and pop it into a prescription bottle.  Poke a hole in the lid, pull the thread through and it is ready for use.
When doing machine applique, use a lightweight thread in your bobbin. This will lessen the bulk, especially if you are using any type of stabilizer.

Here are a couple of others:
If you have a hard time threading a needle from one side, try turning the needle around and thread the other side - every needle has a front and back side -

I have thimbles upon thimbles, none I'm really happy with...but I got some sculpy polymer clay, fashioned over my quilting finger made the dimples with the HEAD of a pin. Deep too because I control the amount of clay over the needle area of the thimble...bake in the oven...cool and I have a custom made, individually fitted thimble.
I really like that one and think I will try it.  Imagine; a custom made thimble!

Here is the link to the site if you would like to check out some of the other hints.



http://www.blockcentral.com/tips-applique.shtml

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment