Friday, August 5, 2022

Family Fun

It has been quite a while since my last post.  I have been very busy through the day and too tired to do much more than stare at the television until bedtime in the evening.  My nephew, wife and family arrived at their BnB late on July 24 so we didn't see them until the next day.  They had a 3 hour wait for their luggage  and got bumped from the seats they had reserved and paid for.  Flying is something you endure rather than enjoy now. I haven't been on a plane for around 10 years and have no plans to do so especially for long flights.

All that aside, we have been having a wonderful time.  We got to meet my great nephew, who immediately charmed us and has continued to impress us with his little personality and vocabulary.  How many 3 year old's knows how to say rotate and knows what it means?

We have done all the usual tourism things including Santa's Village which was expensive but worthwhile.  My niece-in-law loves Christmas so I think she may have enjoyed it even more than her son.  Of course there were line ups for everything but we were able to see and do everything on our list.

Tomorrow, we are off to see a street festival in a community near ours.  Sunday, the family moves on to Niagara Falls and then back home.  It is going to be very hard to have them leave but am thankful for the time we have had.  I know that we will see them again, probably, in a couple of years.  

I really have not done much else except some meals and basic housework.  My scrappy top is on the frame but haven't done anything on it.  Our weather has been nice; sunny not not overly warm. Great for picking the raspberries that have taken over the property.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment