Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Exploding Bananas

 Have you ever had a banana explode?  I bought a large bag of past date bananas for two dollars as I wanted to make my chocolate banana loaf.  They were still in pretty good shape so I took four of the worst, pureed them and put them in a lidded container.  I normally freeze my puree but, as I was making the loaf today I just put it in the fridge.  Also, as the container was really full, I was afraid the frozen bananas would crack it.  When I took the jar from the fridge this morning, I noticed some of the puree had started running down the sides which was odd.  The lid took a bit of effort to remove and I hadn't really loosened it much when it shot off and bananas sprayed over me, the counter and the kitchen floor. Apparently, the puree had started to ferment.  Who knew.

There was still plenty left and it tasted okay so I made my loaf.  We are having company and I want to serve it to them.  I hope we don't all get tipsy!

It has cooled down quite a lot here so it will be a good day to catch up on my work.  My nephew and family are touristing in Niagara Falls but I am receiving lots of pictures and I will face chat tonight.

This photo is of our little man with our dog Heidi.  He says that Heidi is little (Granny's dog is a Alsatian) and very, very soft. (The parents only post views with his face hidden and I agree with that.  Lots of questionable people out there.)

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment