Thursday, August 25, 2022

A Dilemma

 Hubby and I went shopping yesterday.  I planned on buying some apples as well as other fruits and vegetables.  That plan changed when I saw the price of apples.  I am used to them being around 4.00 to 6 dollars depending on the variety.  The prices for these were four dollars higher.  10.99 for a bag of apples in a province that has as more apple trees than all the other fruit trees combined.  I know the price of fuel has affected many things especially food but  the other items I bought were still close to the price that they were a couple of years ago.

I left the apples and bought oranges and bananas instead.  Fortunately, I still have a lot of frozen apples in the freezer.

I picked up a book this week by a local author.  It was promoted as a romantic mystery.  The romance part was written well but the mystery has remained a mystery.  There seemed to be parts left out and situations that had no background or explanation.  I can't decide whether to write and ask her for an explanation or to let it go.  I know she will make a certain amount of sales as she is local but, unfortunately, I can't see her reaching a large audience.

What would you do?  Let it go or as tactfully as possible ask her to explain some of the confusing areas?  I am not sure how I would feel if I received an email basically telling me I need to improve a lot to be considered a good writer.  Fortunately, I have a good editor who goes over everything I write with the proverbial fine tooth comb-not that doesn't stop the occasional typo to slip through.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment