Thursday, July 21, 2022

Prize Winner

I have been able to get more done today than in the past couple of weeks.  Hubby has been getting a lot of pain in the shin which made walking difficult.  I took over the care of the chickens and some of his indoor chores.  I didn't have a lot of time left over to do much other than my usual wifely responsibilities (not those!  I meant cleaning and cooking.).  He went to the hospital and got a scan and an x-ray and are now awaiting the results.

I hired a neighbour to come and help me catch up with the bigger cleaning jobs and she did a fantastic job.  We almost need to wear sunglasses in the bathroom.  She will come back next week and finish up.  It would be lovely to have her come on a regular basis but, unless I start selling more quilts, that won't happen.

I finished my magazine article early this month as my nephew and family are coming from England on Sunday.  I also finished the scrappy top I was working on.  I like it enough I want to do it again but set the blocks on point.  I will post when it is quilted.

The photo is of a sweater a lady in our quilt group made.  She knitted the sleeves etc. and then added to the quilted part.  I think it looks fantastic and suggested she enter it in our local fall fair.  A prize winner for sure.


Blessings, 

No comments:

Post a Comment