Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Home Made Ketchup

 I am getting my fair entries ready before the last minute for a change.  Most things are done already except for the gluten free brownies and dressing a doll.

Do you enter anything in your local fall fair?  I find it a fun way to take part in a community event and the prize money always comes in handy.  As a quilter, I think anything that showcases the beauty and creativity that is involved in producing something both useful and decorative.  I always hope that a young person will look at one of the entries and decide it is something they would like to learn.

We are going grocery shopping tomorrow.  If I never had to do that ever again, I would be happy.  I do buy some items on line but that doesn't work with fresh fruit and vegetables.

Our grandson did a lovely thing today.  He videoed a message to his great grandmother (who is in long term care) letting her know that she was loved.  He is a very caring young man.  His sister doesn't find it as easy to express her feelings but she, too, is a caring soul.

I am thinking of making my own ketchup this year.  I don't really like the bottled versions.  It isn't hard and we always have lots of tomatoes.  If it turns out, I will have something new to add to my fall canning list.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment