Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Fall Fair Coming

We had one of those noisy rainstorms early this afternoon.  I was just going out for a walk with the dog when I noticed how black the sky was.  The thunder started by the time we were half way down the driveway. We hustled back into the house and made it just before the rain fell in a deluge.  It didn't last too long but the hydro flickered once and we lost the tv satellite for a bit.

I have started quilting my scrappy quilt and it is going alright.  I also need to get at my entries for the fall fair.  One of the other ladies in the quilt group is entering this year.  I like to see lots of quilters submit their work because it brings attention and interest to our craft.

I have been spending a bit of time getting to know my new sewing machine.  I haven't tried all the decorative stitches yet.  It is fun having a new toy.  I may get at the Dresden plate quilt that I have been planning to make using men's ties.  I can use the fancy stitches on the adjoining pieces.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment