Thursday, June 23, 2022

Retirement??

 I have been doing far more house work than anything else lately.  I wanted to give both the main bedrooms a complete cleaning  as they hadn't been done in a while.  We have also been getting a lot of ants and I thought that maybe something  was attracting them.  Everything on the beds was washed, mattresses vacuumed and flipped.  We put an insecticide around the floorboards after washing the walls.  It took ages to get everything done-four days in fact.  The headboard on the master bed is wood so it was taken out, swept and sprayed.  It is still outside airing as is the rug. Today, we set up the air conditioner and installed a new (to us) washing machine. I hope I am done for a while.  The rest of the house can wait for cooler temperatures.

The weather was a lovely 23c today which was considerable better than low 30's.  I was even able to take the dog for a nice walk.  This weekend, the Art Club is having a show and sale but I am not taking part as I have too many other things to get done.  My to do list includes writing up a quilt pattern that I have sold to a magazine, finish 2 charity quilts, write my magazine article before the end of the month and finish a customer quilt.  My poor book keeps getting shoved to the bottom of the pile but I did get a bit of work done on that this week.  Retirement?  What does that mean?

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment