Friday, December 31, 2021

Labels.

 We are getting a light snowfall but it looks as though it may continue for a while.  A friend told me 'big flakes, small accumulation; small flakes, large accumulation.  Now I will be watching to see if it is true.

I am enjoying my new 4 patch method and got 30 blocks done.  That is almost enough for a top when alternated with plain strips.  I think I will make it into a lap quilt to give to our thoughtful neighbours.  I make so many quilts with the end goal of selling that is it nice to have an actual purpose for one.

My wee Heidi dog seems to be feeling her age lately.  She has started laying beside my chair when I am in the studio.  I put a nice soft blanket on the floor for her and she is curled up on it now.  I can reach down to pet her occasionally which makes us both happy.

I have a question.  When you label a quilt, do you add the date it was completed or the date it went to its new home?  I tend to do the latter as I can have one sitting around for quite a while until it is sold or given away.  I do include the completion date in my records.

Blessings,


1 comment:

  1. When I do put a label on a quilt, I put my name, my town and state, and the month and year I made it. I like to put the label on the back when I'm attaching the binding, that way I only have to handstitch 2 sides.

    ReplyDelete