Tuesday, December 21, 2021

A Blessing of Turkey Soup.

 I can't believe how long it has been since I last posted. I have had so much going on including hubby having carpal tunnel surgery, that any free moment was spent resting. Hubby's appointment was for 2.30 so I took him to the hospital and then went shopping.  I didn't have a lot to do and, an hour later, I was sitting in a parking lot reading a book.  When hubby called, I was ready to pick him up only to be told that he hadn't gone in yet. He was finally ready to go at 4.30 which made it after 5 before we got home.  I was so tired, I left the groceries in the car as there wasn't anything that would be hurt.  We had been at a Christmas dinner earlier in the day and the cook gave us a large container of turkey soup.  It was a life saver as it only had to be heated.

I fell into bed shortly after nine. I have had to take on hubby's chores for a few days but he is healed enough to do them himself now.

On Friday, I finally ordered gifts to be sent to the grandchildren and marked that off the list.  Saturday, I realized I hadn't changed the shipping location and everything is coming to me rather than Alberta.  They will be great birthday gifts.  I have now sent gift cards.

As I mentioned in my last post, we haven't been able to do cards etc. because of Post Office problems.  When the Federal government gave its employees until the end of November to be vaccinated or lose their jobs, it didn't plan for the fall out.  Postal Employees are Federal and, apparently a couple of those at our office lost their jobs.  That left only two people.  One to do the sorting and the other for the desk and everything else.  One of those women is a friend and she has been working 12 hour days.  The Post Office is only open for a few hours through the week which means long line-ups.  I don't know if larger communities are having the same problem, but I imagine they are.

I started a new pattern on Monday at quilt group, decided I didn't like it so have changed it to something else.  It has been a few weeks since I have been able to work on my frame.  Hopefully, after Christmas life will slow down.  How are you doing?  All ready for the big day?

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment