Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Warning

Warning: winter praising imminent.  Those of you who are long time supporters know I love winter.  I expect the time will come as I age that I won't find the cold and snow so exciting but I am not there yet.  We had a snow fall early on the weekend and it has stayed.  There isn't a lot yet and the ground certainly isn't covered but there is plenty of evidence that my favourite season is arrive.

I just got back from my daily dog walk and it was cool enough to wear a winter coat but I didn't need a hat or gloves.  No socks either but that isn't unusual.  The sun was shining and a breeze, strong enough to notice but not to cause discomfort, made my exposed skin feel alive.  I didn't need to put booties on Heidi yet either which saved a lot of preparation time.  However, I need to get them ready as her little tootsies do need covering.

I haven't got a lot of quilting done today.  The lap quilt is loaded onto the machine and ready to go-as soon as I figure out why the thread keeps breaking.  Probably need to change the needle and make sure the foot is the proper distance from the quilt top.  In the meantime, I am working on a baby quilt.

I was at the doctor's yesterday and he diagnosed my itch as being eczema and gave me a prescription for a cream.  It didn't start helping until today but, while I still have the spots, the itchiness is a lot less.

A member of my family who lives in another country is experiencing a head shaking situation.  Her house is being upgraded to meet current environmental standards-new windows, doors, extra insulation etc.  After the workers left, she discovered she cannot open her doors to get out. The locks seem to be stuck.   The company was called and they said they would get it fixed within TWENTY FOUR HOURS.  Meantime she is stuck in a house hoping there isn't an emergency and trying to keep her daughter calm who is finding the situation very upsetting.  I cannot believe that the renovation company does not consider this to be an emergency situation.  The lady has a young son who was not at home and now can't get home.  He is at his grandmother's house.  Somebody should lose their job over this.


Blessings,  

No comments:

Post a Comment