Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Itching is Irritating.

I finished my charity quilt and gave it to its new owner.  He was really pleased and I hope it helps keep him warm this winter.



 Yesterday, hubby and I took a trip to Orillia to see one of my sisters who is here from England to see family.  Hubby took the opportunity to visit with his mother while sis and I had lunch and caught up with all the family happenings. The weather was really nice so we took a stroll along the main street afterwards. I would have liked to spend more time wandering around but we had a little doggy at home and I wanted to do some grocery shopping as well.

It is always so hard when I get to spend time with my family and then they go back home.  I know that many people have family members who are in other countries or even on the far side of this one and I sure you experience the same feelings.  I try to remember that I am fortunate to even have a little time with them. Looking on the positive side helps but not completely.

Early last week, I had a reaction to some medication I am taking.  Once I figured out what was causing the itch and, now, hives, I realized it had been going on for a while and gradually getting worse.  I talked to my doctor today about quitting the medication and he agreed that that was the best solution.  The original problem still has to be dealt with but I can live with it for a bit.  In the meantime, I am trying not to scratch while I wait for my system to get back to normal.

Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. I am missing my family desperately. I haven't seen four of my five children in three plus years, and they live in Ontario. I haven't seen my siblings either. This covid business added to an already sad health issue I've had. On the other hand, my cousin from Hamilton area came for a visit which was so nice.
    I love your quilt. Maybe I'll try a crazy quilt this winter.

    ReplyDelete