Friday, November 19, 2021

Christmas Trees and Chili

 Another sign that winter is either here or on its way; I have a pot of chili cooking on the stove.  I used kidney beans this time although I usually substitute carrots.  Hubby prefers the beans.  I always make a large amount so I can freeze some.  I will do the same amount of stew later.  No fear of starving in this house.

We were supposed to have a nasty snow storm last night leaving 6 to 7 inches behind.  However, we got little more than a skiff.  If looks nice but I am waiting for a real downfall.  Our new tree was delivered this morning.  We haven't taken it out of the box yet as we have both been busy but probably will tonight. Hubby has been fill up the mud room with wood and getting the plough on the tractor ready to go through the drifts. I was doing what my sister calls 'invisible work', the stuff that has to be done but no one can see the difference.

I was looking for something in the freezer yesterday and, this morning when I was getting something else, I noticed I had left out the ice cream!  So frustrating when that happens.

I delivered some face masks to a store yesterday and today I am finishing the top of a lap quilt.  If I don't get it done, I may have to answer to hubby who is getting tired of hearing me say I need to finish it!

(Karen and other with space challenges when putting up the Christmas tree:  have you seen the upside down ones.  My SIL has one and it really is a great idea when you have a lot young ones and gifts.)

Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. a local nursery always has a big Christmas display in one of their greenhouses. I've seen the upside down trees there. Not really impressed. Daughter and I are going to check out the trees at Michaels tomorrow. They are advertising a slim tree that looks interesting.
    OH NO, about your ice cream. Sounds like something I would do.

    ReplyDelete