Monday, October 25, 2021

Quilt Group Day

 I really appreciate the comments I get on the blog.  It helps me feel even more connected to you and your encouragement means so much.

Today was our local quilt group meeting.  Another member that we haven't seen for a bit was out and contributed her dry sense of humour.  Another of the ladies had brought a number of quilts and tops that she had finished since covid and so we had a mini show and tell.  I loved hearing all the positive comments and encouragement.  This is what I have missed the most when we were not able to meet.  I can (and do) quilt at home but I don't hear the caring we have for each other or the respect and teasing unless I go to the meeting.  Being surrounded by my quilting friends is like cuddling under a favourite quilt on a cool evening.

Speaking of cool, our temperatures dropped quite a bit on the weekend and I wore a warmer coat when I was out.  I may even have to put on my socks soon.  I definitely need to haul out the winter clothing.  That is tomorrow's project.

Our hydro was out for a couple of hours after I got home so I finished a book I was reading and then fell asleep for  half an hour.  Most of southern Ontario is supposed to get severe weather tomorrow.  I don't have to go anywhere so will make sure my tablet is charged so I can play games or read in case the power goes again.  If it stays out very long, we can turn on the generator.

I hope you all had a great and safe day,

Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. I agree about missing the companionship when we were unable to meet. I know the other ladies in our hospice Comfort Bear quilt group are happy to see each other again on Wednesday mornings.

    Today (Tuesday) is okay so far in Essex County. I enjoyed a nice walk this morning. It was windy but it wasn't miserable and (for now) the rain has stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brrrr We are starting our cold weather in Charlotte, NC Thursday. That means a low of 46 and a high of 64 F.. My guess is that you will be just a bit colder. I am sorting through old patterns and scraps...a lovely way to spend an evening xo

    ReplyDelete