Tuesday, October 26, 2021

An Eventful Day

 Well, I had a busy morning today.  I don't always get up very early and this morning I was still in bed at 8.30 when our portable alarm went off.  I heard a vehicle but thought it was going along the road so assured Heidi we were all safe.  Then I heard a  door slam and got up in time to see a delivery truck going back down the driveway.  My new snowthrower had arrived.  Before we had time to start breakfast, the hydro went out and our neighbour called to see if we had been affected and said she would let us know when she had info.  I get notices on my cell phone letting me know when hydro is expected to be back on but as we get very poor reception, it isn't much good.  Shelley is kind enough to give us the updates.

Back to getting breakfast and the phone rings again.  It is my son who always calls on Tuesdays but usually later in the morning.  We chat for a bit doing catching up on anything that has happened since the previous call and then back to breakfast only to have company.  Husband's cousin was dropping off her sewing machine for me to fix.  We visited for a bit and then, finally, we had breakfast.

After that I started doing the seasonal clothes switch, hydro came back on for lunch so I was able to do the other things I had planned.  

We had a hawk get at the chickens and killed our rooster.  We were both upset and this was best one we have had.  He was really good at protecting the hens, wasn't aggressive but kept everyone in line.  It is very difficult trying to find a balance between letting the chickens have free range and protecting them for predators.


Hopefully tomorrow will be a normal day.  I still haven't opened the box containing the snow thrower.  That can wait until tomorrow.

Blessings

2 comments: