Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Gnomes are Ready for Winter

Thank you to all who took time to sympathize with my back pain. It is feeling quite a bit better today so I was able to do some stretching to move things along.  I appreciate all your comments regarding cataract surgery as well.  I confess I have been reluctant to get it done based on one friends reaction.  I am going in to the optometrists on Thurs to get my new lenses and I will ask what the wait time is for the procedure.  I should be okay with the new prescription for at least a year so if the wait time is longer than that, I could book it now.

We got a good bit of the outside work done today.  Gnomes are snug in their winter totes, the cover is off the gazebo and the hummingbird feeders are inside.  I have to fix a tear on the cover before storing it.  There is still a bit of yard work to do: raking leaves, covering the perennials and cutting back some plants.

I got some quilting done as well.  I guess I should say sewing rather than quilting as I was making face masks.  I didn't think people would still be wanting the hand made ones now there are so many commercially produced masks but there is still a demand.  I like using theme fabrics such as hedgehogs, dogs, cats, deer as well as brightly covered material. If we have to wear these things, we may as well have fun.

One last fall photo.  One of my favourites.

Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you are reconsidering the cataract surgery. Mine was done 2 years ago and I am enjoying the much improved vision. I know there are cases of people having problems but follow the restrictions and drops routine and trust that all will be well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had snow over here on the east side of Algonquin this morning. It was 2 degrees when I got up. Thankfully the sun came out.

    ReplyDelete