Monday, October 18, 2021

Charming

 Happy Monday.  I seem to have lost a week.  I hurt my back and have spent the better part of a week not doing much of anything except moaning.  It still isn't good but is a bit better.  I was able to go to quilting today and made sure I got up and walked around frequently.  The problem with a sore back is that both sitting and walking hurts but you need to move or it makes the situation worse.  Dear hubby has been great doing what he can to help.

I got my eyes checked on Friday and it took over an hour and a half as I hadn't been in nearly two years.  Apparently, I am borderline for driving although my new lenses will fix that.  I am also a candidate for cataract surgery but I am going to put that off as long as possible.

The weather has started cooling down a bit so I need to get the garden finished and ready for winter.  Time to get out the winter clothing as well.  I have been wearing a pair of fleecy pajama bottoms around the house.  They are so comfortable.

I bought a new quilt book with patterns for charm squares.  I have enough of those squares to make quilts for everyone in the village.  I would like to set myself a goal of doing one every other month but I have so many UFO's that I am going to have to leave it for a while.  Perhaps I will do a UFO and then a charm quilt.

Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. Hope your back is better soon. Back pain affects the whole body. I had cataract surgery about 7 years ago. It was wonderful to be able to see clearly again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had our first killing frost overnight. I too like to wear fleecy pants around the house. I have two pair, black/white, black/red buffalo plaid that I like with a cozy sweatshirt.
    I feel your pain with the back. I have fibromyalgia and find the need to move or seize up in paroxysms of pain. That is a double edged sword too.
    Hope you are keeping cozy. (Why is my type showing in bold??)

    ReplyDelete