Friday, October 8, 2021

Driving Woes.

 Our leaves are starting to fall and the colours are fading.  Heidi and I walked through a deep carpet of crispy leaves today.  I had more fun than she did while kicking the leaves into the air.  She was more interested in sniffing at the same spots that draws her interest every time we go through the bush.

I had a bit of a mishap yesterday. I stopped at our church to do the Thanksgiving decorations and when I left I went through the parking lot to the side road as it is less busy.  There was a bit of a dip so I eased the car into in and-got stuck.  The dip was deep enough that my front bumper was touching the road surface.  Of course, my cell phone didn't get any service so I couldn't call hubby.  I was just going back into the church when a lady came to get her mail from the boxes located on the property.  Her phoned worked so I explained the situation to hubby and he said he was on his way.  The church is only a couple minutes from the house so I knew he wouldn't be long.  Another vehicle pulled into the parking lot while I waited and the driver asked if he could help.  He had a shovel and dug all around the front end. Unfortunately that didn't help.  Hubby arrived and tried towing me out.  That didn't work.  Another man in a heavy truck came and he had a good chain.  At this point, I was beginning to feel like I was in the middle of a country song.  He hitched  up the chain, I got in the car and bingo! I was out.  I thanked everyone profusely as did my husband and home we went.

Hubby went into the village later and said that side of the parking lot had been roped off.  I suspect it was the second man as he lived right near.

I appreciate very much both men who stopped to help and am thankful that people still care about others,

blessings, 

1 comment:

  1. It is nice to know there are still good people out there.

    ReplyDelete