Monday, January 11, 2021

Gnomes

 Last week was a bit rough as my sister and her family were diagnosed with covid.  Fortunately none of them were ill enough to go to the hospital but still pretty sick.  My sister moved in with her daughter and grandchildren so they were able to isolate together.  The youngest grand was okay which was a blessing.

My sister is past the isolation period but still having some symptoms.  She will continue staying in the house but is hoping to be able to get out to the garden for some fresh air when she has the energy.

It has been a worry as she is in England but we have been video chatting everyday.  Apparently one in every 45 people in England have tested positive.  Meanwhile in Canada, one third of the population think it is all a hoax, or are worried about their rights being affected!!!

I got my new stove hooked up on Tuesday.  We found a fabulous service person who came at the exact time he said he would, phoned when he said he would and came back to check and make sure everything was working properly.  This is the way service should be and so frequently isn't.

I have been doing a bit more ruler work on a customer quilt.  I also used locks on the machine track so I could sew  straight lines right across the border.  It is fun learning something new.

This isn't quilting but I am proud of my husband's artistry.  He has been doing a series of gnome paintings.  Here are a couple.


Blessings,

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your sister. This whole thing is so worrisome. Tell your DH nice job with the gnomes...I like finding them in unexpected places....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry your family is going through this rough time.

    I like you husband's gnome pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Covid is rough...being far away is hard too. We carry on. thank goodness for quilting and quilty friends. xo

    ReplyDelete