Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Quilting Autobiography


Nancy A. I would love to see and share a picture of your queen size quilt made with 2 inch diamonds and hexis.  I can't imagine doing a quilt that size in 2 inches pieces.  I have just completed the top for a couple of placemats that I will be entering in our fall fair.  It turned out to be more involved than it appeared to be from the photo although not as challenging as Nancy's quilt.  I had to do a lot of pinning, unstitching and adjusting of seams to get everything to look right.  This is not a project I would usually consider.  However, I decided to keep at it because it is good to try something new and I really do need to work on increasing my skills.  I hope to have them finished tomorrow and will share a photo.
 I was working on this scrappy over the weekend and while it was easy, I don't think I really like the colours.  I will wait until I have the blocks finished and then see how I feel about it.  It is going to be a charity quilt.  I will back it with flannel or fleece.
This block is on the quilt that I restored for a customer.  The blue print had started coming apart at the seams and I was able to repair it without replacing the fabric. I am pleased with how it has turned out.

Those pictures are a small autobiography of my quilting life and how it is changing and, hopefully, progressing.
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. My EPP with the 2" hexes and diamonds is a very long term project. I have already spent 2 years on it. Fortunately I enjoy doing handwork. I am not able to work on it every day, but stitch by stitch it is happening. We will be traveling by car for 2 months this fall, so I am hoping to get a lot more done. I am doing it in sections because a queen size is a lot to hold in my lap:) I will try to get a picture of the 1st section that I have done. I don't know how to post here, but if you could send me an email address, I could try to send it to you. Or if you have a facebook page, I could easily send it to you there (I already know how to do that). I do really like the way it is looking so far. Everything that I have made so far has been given away as gifts, but this one we will keep. I will pay to have it quilted on a longarm. I can't imagine doing it on my sewing machine. Nancy A: SewingGranda@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete