Friday, August 9, 2019

Eye Candy

The work of some quilters is so far ahead of anything I could or would do that all I can do is look at them.  This hanging is a prime example.  Not only is the fabric and pattern design amazing but the workmanship shows a skill that I don't ever expect to achieve.




I saw this beauty on The Quilt Show.com Gulf Coast Sunrise by Susan Mogan is a beautiful quilt inspired by the New York Beauty pattern Susan's quilt was on display as part of the Abstract Small exhibit at the Houston International Quilt Festival 2018.


On the flip side of the creativity coin, I spent the day making a pair of pillowcases and a carry bag for my Janome.  This is the machine I take to group.  It is lightweight but I have so much stuff I take each time, it is nice to be able to pull something rather than lug it.  I made the bag so it will fit on the luggage rack hubby found for me and hold my rotary mat as well as machine.  It has a piece on the bag that will slide over the long handle to keep everything(I hope) secure. It will get a trial run this Monday.  I will let you know how I made out and share a photo.
In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the eye candy,
blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment