Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Fall Fair Time Already

It is hard to switch my thoughts from summer to fall fairs but, come the month of September, they will be happening.  I made a list of the categories in which I want to enter and now will have to start deciding what to make.

One of the items in the sewing class is a pair of pillowcases.  I have just finished a set for a customer and, as she won't be picking them up until after the fair, I am going to see if I can get permission to enter them.


I also completed a small table cover but won't be entering it in the fair as I am going to be using the full size version for one of the quilt categories.  I am getting started much earlier than I usually do so hopefully I won't be in the last minute panic that happens most years.


 This final photo I took a couple of nights ago as the sun was disappearing behind the trees.  I am always drawn to an evening sky more than morning as it is so dramatic.  I can visualize all sorts of things happening -jet trails, hot air balloons drifting slowly amongst the clouds, birds scurrying home or the sudden explosion of fireworks.
 On this particular evening, the sky just got darker until nothing could be seen except the gradual appearance of stars. Maybe tomorrow I will catch a glimpse of something emerging from behind the trees. Or all will be as serene as tonight.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment