Friday, August 23, 2019

A Fun Day with Friends

I had a wonderful, relaxing and fun day yesterday.  Three quilting friends and I met at the cottage owned by one ladies father.  We all took hand sewing so we didn't have to lug a lot of equipment and were able to sit and quilt while overlooking a lake.  I took my 'project that never ends'.  I have been working on a hand appliqued quilt for at least 7 years now.  I have two more sashing borders to do and I can start assembling it.  Perhaps I will have it done next year. Twenty twenty seems like a good goal.
After lunch,  we all went down to the boat house. No, we weren't going for a boat rider, we are quilters remember.  We helped our hostess sort through a number of boxes and totes that contained fabric. Some were put into a bag to be given to a thrift shop, others were put in a tote to share with the quilt group.  We each had a chance to choose what we liked for ourselves.
With that finished, we went to the summer room to do some more quilting and enjoy a cup of tea.  It was a glorious day and, when we were ready to go back home, I think we all would have preferred staying where we were.  However, husbands were waiting, so home we went.
I am washing the fabric I got while cutting squares for a Virtual Retreat that I am on this weekend.
I hope you are also getting some quilting done.  It is only 4 months and 2 days before Christmas!
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. What a delightful day! I also enjoy handwork. We are leaving on a 2 month long driving trip soon, and I will have my very long term EPP project to do while in the car and while visiting people. I think I have it about half done -- a queen size quilt using 2 in. diamonds and 2 in. hexes. Nancy A: SewingGranda@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete