Thursday, April 11, 2019

The Saga Continues

Queenie was humming along beautifully today.  I was able to finish a top except for a couple of rows in less than 3 hours.  Isn't that amazing?  I can remember the days when I did all my quilting on my domestic and it would take ages to finish even a small quilt.  And, just when you thought you were finished, you found a great big pleat on the back. (Queenie is my Q'nique long arm machine)

I will get it completed tomorrow and  off to its owner.  Will also finish the binding on my mother-in-laws quilt this evening so I am getting some things accomplished.

What is not getting done is my cell phone problems.  I sold my last one privately and then drove to Huntsville to buy a replacement.  I went to the company that is my service provider as I thought I might get better reception that way.  I found a phone that looked as though it would do, brought it home and got ready to set it up.  Then I discovered that the SIM card wasn't included.  I never thought to look as it has always come with any phone I purchased.  I will buy that on Saturday and hope that this long drawn out saga is done.

Farm Quilter commented that she has similar reception problems where she lives but, even with that, wouldn't want to live anywhere else.  I agree.  Country living has its problems but it is offset by many good things.  A case in point is one of our neighbours coming over to cut down a couple of trees today for my husband.  We still have quite a bit of snow and he didn't feel confident operating a chainsaw on uneven footing.  The trees were dead and fairly close to the house so we are glad to have them on the ground and now we have extra firewood if spring continues to delay its entrance.
Blessings,

3 comments:

  1. Anna, sounds like it could just be that your phone service provider is not the right one. We had poor reception with our phone when we had Sprint; reception was only on the front porch. We switched to Verizon and reception has been great ever since. Just a thought. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dianne may be right...I'm stuck with one company so I can maybe get service standing on the edge of the bathtub holding my phone as high as I can!! Certainly makes for short conversations!! I hope you can get it straightened out this weekend. There is also something you can put on the top of your house to be a signal amplifier. If they dump our landline service, we will have to do something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Dianne. I would think that the provider would be the problem as well except my previous phone worked really well and it was the same one. We have Bell so it should be all right. I am going to be calling them again. I do have one bar now -sometimes.

    ReplyDelete