Monday, April 15, 2019

A New Great-Nephew

We have had an eventful weekend.  I have had partial success with the latest phone although it still isn't ideal.  Will be calling the provider again on Tues.
Sat. was mother-in-laws birthday and a family gathering.  It was wonderful seeing some of the nephews that we haven't connected with for a while.  The youngest is in high school and doing really well.  Another nephew and his partner brought their little one who had been born just a month previously.  Camdyn is a great, great nephew and handsome addition to the family.

Mom really like the quilt hubby and I gave her.


Mom's Lap Quilt
 Front close up.  I cut the stripped fabric on a diagonal for sashing and border.
I found this lovely flannel on Sew Sisters.  Perfect for the back.  I quilted it all over with words that described this much loved lady.

I also finished another quilt but will show photos of it tomorrow as I want to share a bit of momentous news.  My nephew and wife have been trying to have a baby for a few years with miscarriage being the only result.  Finally, she was able to carry full term and the little one was due this weekend.  I kept close to the internet and waited for the good news.  After 40, that's right-40, hours of labor, little Noah made his appearance.  It was a very difficult delivery but the young man is healthy and mom's is recovering.  They live in England so I won't be seeing him for a while.  I told them I am expecting a lot of photos.
Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new great-nephew!! Cute quilt...will a quilt be winging its way across the pond??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made them a baby quilt about 2 years ago when the baby journey began. I want to do another toddler style to give when they come over next year.

    ReplyDelete