Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Quilted Words







This is the other quilt I finished last week.  The top was made by someone else.  I did the quilting.  As it was a gift for my customer's father I 'wrote' words and phrases all over it.  They described who he was as a person, what he did, what he liked etc.  This has become one of my favourite quilting patterns for memory quilts and those for older recipients as it helps to remind them of how they are appreciated, remembered and loved.
    On my mother-in- laws quilt, I used a thread that blended too much.  This time I chose a dark navy      which went with the border fabric and the words are much easier to read.



On my mother-in- laws quilt, I used a thread that blended too much.  This time I chose a dark navy which went with the border fabric and the words are much easier to read.




The next time you make a quilt for a special person try this quilting method.  I like to think that many years from now my words will serve as a description of a long dead relative to  their descendants.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment